Community Eye Center: Dr. Sunil M. Malkani, MD
Sunil M. Malkani, M.D., is a Retinal Surgeon specializing in the treatment of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and other diseases of the retina.
Sunil M. Malkani, M.D., renowned vitreoretinal specialist, is a graduate of the Wake Forest School of Medicine and a former Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Florida. He is a talented surgeon with particular expertise in treating diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, epiretinal membranes, retinal detachments, macular holes, and other diseases of the retina. Currently involved in macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy research, Dr. Malkani has published his work in ophthalmic journals and presented his work at national conferences. Born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Dr. Malkani enjoys playing tennis and spending time with his wife and son.
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Lee County Medical Association
- Collier County Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Fellowship(s): Vitreoretinal Diseases and Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Residency: University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Internship: University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Medical School: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Graduate: University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- Undergraduate: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC