Community Eye Center: Dr. Joseph W. Spadafora, D.O.
An established and highly skilled Board Certified Ophthalmologist with over 30 years of experience, Dr. Spadafora serves as Medical Director at Community Eye Center (CEC).
Dr. Spadafora upholds CEC’s commitment to continuous improvement in quality through adaptation of technological advances with his national medical research. During the past three decades, Dr. Spadafora performed research in ocular anti-inflammatory agents, glaucoma, medicines, ocular antibiotic agents and laser-guided cataract extraction at St. Lucy’s Outpatient Surgery Center.
Sharing his knowledge and expertise, Dr. Spadafora acted as Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of South Florida, Tampa. An altruistic role, he considers the cultivation of future ophthalmologists the lifeblood of his discipline and field.
In addition to his national research and benevolent teaching endeavors, Dr. Spadafora is ingrained in the community. A part of countless efforts to give back to the local community, he also served on the Board of Governor of Prevent Blindness. Florida.
A true nature lover, Dr. Spadafora spends time outside of the office at his experimental farm in Arcadia.
Board Certified: AOA (American Osteopathic Association)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Member
- Florida Medical Society Member
- Charlotte County Medical Society Member
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of South Florida, Tampa
- All Area Hospitals
- Fellowship(s): (Anterior Segment Surgery) Fellowship Training in Long Beach, CA
- Residency: (Ophthalmology Residency) Oklahoma Osteopathic Hospital in Tulsa, OK
- Internship: Metropolitan General Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL
- Medical School: University of Health Science College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery in Kansas, City, MO
- Graduate: MS University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- Undergraduate: BA Boston University, Boston, MA
“Each and every one of us at Community Eye Center promise to take care of you and provide you with the individualized medical care that you deserve. We promise to deliver the highest quality care and service to you and your family. Most of all, we promise to inform, educate and give you the excellent care you need to preserve your health.”
Community Eye Center:
Dr. Joseph W. Spadafora, D.O.
21275 Olean Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
1331 S. Sumter Blvd
North Port, FL 34287
1988 Tamiami Trail South,
Venice, FL 34293