Community Eye Center: Dr. Jon K. Batzer, O.D.
A skillful and insightful Board Certified Optometrist with over 30 years of experience, Dr. Jon K. Batzer serves as the Director, Primary Care Services for Community Eye Center (CEC).
Offering the community of Southwest Florida quality eye care since 1987, Dr. Batzer has been integral to the growth of CEC. Beginning with one physician, Dr. Batzer has seen the practice to include nine physicians at multiple Southwest Florida locations, an eye only surgery center and optical services.
Constantly expanding his skills through learning and seeking knowledge, Dr. Batzer researches and evaluates information to stay on top the latest developments in optometry. Additionally, he is a published author on topics such as dry eye syndrome and vitreoretinal disorders.
Dr. Batzer brought his fervor for learning to Florida with him. Previous to his time with Community Eye Center he was Assistant Professor of Optometry and Module Chief in Primary Care at the Illinois College of Optometry. In this role, he was directly in charge of patient care, as well as clinical instruction of optometric student clinicians. In addition, he was a continuing education lecturer and practicing optometrist. He was also adjunct faculty of the University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary in Chicago where he was responsible for teaching ophthalmology residents in the contact lens clinic.
Florida State Board Certified Optometrist
- Florida Optometric Association
- American Optometric Association
- Ocular Surface Society of Optometry
- Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society
- Residency: Veterans Administration Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Optometry: Michigan College of Optometry, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI (Beta Sigma Kappa Silver Medal recipient graduating with highest distinction)
- Undergraduate: Ferris State College, Big Rapids, MI