Community Eye Center: Dr. Eric R. Schaible, M.D., F.A.C.S.
A dedicated and accomplished Board Certified Ophthalmologist and Cataract and Anterior Segment Specialist. Dr. Schaible serves as the Eye Research Director at Community Eye Center (CEC) and specializes in complex cataract surgery, trauma, premium lens implants and treatment of astigmatism.
Providing a full range of superior ophthalmic care at CEC over the past 24 years, Dr. Schaible has published numerous papers on neurosurgery and ophthalmology including corneal surgery, as well as optic neuropathy. He has also conducted research on the topic of laser cataract surgery.
Community Eye Center provides its doctors with a comprehensive spectrum of advanced eye care equipment allowing Dr. Schaible to provide his patients with laser-guided cataract surgery (ORA) and laser glaucoma surgery; additionally, he performs minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) such as the Istent and goniotomy.
Deeply rooted in the local community, Dr. Schaible is a member of The Lions Club, was on the Board of Directors for Time Out Respite Care and has coached several youth sports teams. He is proud of the local efforts and charities that Community Eye Center supports on a continual basis.
In addition to his constant quest for knowledge and his deep roots in the local community, Dr. Schaible gives back on a global scale. Traveling to the Panamanian Jungle region above Columbia which is home to the Embera Indians with a small surgical team, he performed countless vision-restoring surgeries without any complications.
Dr. Schaible spends his time outside of the Community Eye Center with his wife, grown children and grandchildren enjoying the diverse environment and ecosystem here in Southwest Florida.
Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Charlotte Medical Society
- All Area Hospitals
- Who’s Who in Ophthalmology
- Residency: Chief Resident at The Storm Eye Institute in Charleston, SC
- Internship: Abington Memorial Hospital (a Temple University Hospital affiliate)
- Medical School: Magna Cum Laude, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Undergraduate: Summa Cum Laude, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science, Philadelphia, PA
“We consider it an honor and privilege to treat our patients, providing comprehensive eye care demonstrated through quality and compassion. To do this, we give personal attention to all of our patients; we listen and respond to each of our patient’s individual concerns and needs. We believe that every patient is deserving of outstanding care which exceeds their expectations.”