Dr. Eric A. Liss, M.D.
A talented Ophthalmologist, Dr. Liss provides comprehensive ophthalmic care with an interest in advanced cataract surgery, macular degeneration and inflammatory disorders of the eye.
Publishing research in the areas of retinal disease, refractive surgery, glaucoma and disorders of the ocular immune system, Dr. Liss is a recognized speaker, presenting his findings at multiple national ophthalmology conferences.
Providing a full range of superior ophthalmic care to patients, Dr. Liss considers treating patients to be his privilege; he is motivated by improving the lives of his patients. He recalls the greatest honor of his career as surgically restoring sight for a patient who became completely reliant upon the care of family members due to advanced cataracts.
Born and raised in Sarasota, FL, he is proud to call himself a native Floridian. Spending the majority of his life in Southwest Florida, he values the community and cherishes any opportunity to participate in the many local charities and causes that Community Eye Center supports.
Dr. Liss spends his free time enjoying the beautiful weather in Southwest Florida with his dog, gardening and cultivating tropical fruit.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Florida Medical Association
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology
- Charlotte County Medical Association
- Residency: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Internship: Riverside Regional Medical Center, Hampton Roads, VA
- Medical School: Florida International University College of Medicine, Miami, FL (Summa Cum Laude)
- Graduate: Emory University, Atlanta, GA (Public Health and Epidemiology)
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
Community Eye Center: Dr. Eric A. Liss, M.D.
21275 Olean Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
1331 S. Sumter Blvd
North Port, FL 34287
1988 S. Tamiami Trail
Venice, FL 34293