Community Eye Center: Dr. Chelsea P. Spalding, O.D.
An accomplished and skillful Board Certified Optometrist, Dr. Spalding provides a full range of treatment and care at Community Eye Center including management of ocular diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, pre and post-operative care for surgical patients, dry eye evaluations, and the fitting of glasses and contact lenses.
Offering a patient-centric approach to care, she considers the best thing about her job to be the process of building relationships with her patients and their families and providing them with knowledge about their ocular conditions and individual eye health needs. She believes this individualized treatment is necessary for patients to preserve a lifetime of good vision.
Always passionate about her practice, Dr. Spalding is motivated by helping others. A Florida native, dedicating a portion of time to service in the community, Dr. Spalding has lent herself to countless charitable efforts. Beyond her participation in Community Eye Center’s local philanthropic contributions, she has participated in numerous Remote Area Medical missions, performed vision screenings at several Special Olympics, works with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board Member for Lighthouse of Manasota for the Blind.
Outside of CEC, she enjoys spending time with her husband Dr. Roberts. Her interests include competitive swimming and water polo, movies, and playing guitar.
Florida State Board Certified Optometrist
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- Southwest Florida Optometric Association
- Lighthouse of Manasota for the Blind
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Residency: Ocular Disease and Low Vision, Veterans Administration Medical Center in Lexington, KY (with a concentration in the areas of anterior and posterior segment disease, traumatic brain injury, low vision, and specialty contact lens fitting)
- Graduate: Southern College of Optometry, Memphis, TN
- Undergraduate: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL