The Community-Physician Liaison plays a critical role in building successful and sustainable relationships with our referral sources and community partners. The Liaison is responsible for the growth of the practice, coordinating and implementing practice outreach programs and serving as a patient advocate while representing the clinic in a professional manner. The incumbent will have a strong background in marketing, sales and business development. Experience with a medical practice is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Liaison must be educated in all Practice treatments/procedures and in turn educate others. This done with the goal of growing the Practice business.
- Stay informed of local market activity, competition, demographics, and new providers.
- Identify potential referral sources. Conduct face-to-face meetings with providers and staff to develop relationships; increases referral base.
- Design and execute new programs in conjunction with Practice Administration.
- Maintain a lead tracking system.
- Track referrals and prepare referral pattern analysis for management.
- Serve as a liaison between practice and referral sources to resolve problems.
- Effectively communicate with managers to keep them apprised of any and all problems or complaints regarding referral sources.
- Strive to improve communication systems and the coordination of care process. Meet with internal staff on a regular basis to determine areas for improvement.
- Conduct regularly scheduled visits with referring providers and key staff members in order to maintain strong relationships.
- Attend various meetings, conventions, and symposiums. Support public relations functions at conventions and industry meetings.
- In conjunction with Clinical Administrator, maintain necessary inventory of promotional and educational materials for all referral sources and marketing needs.
- Investigate and assist in implementing CE programs and events; symposiums, webinars, symposiums, etc. if appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Relationship and Scope:
The Community-Physician Liaison reports directly to the Clinical/Practice Administrator to ensure the work aligns with the overall goals and philosophies of the Practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree in marketing, sales, public relations, communication, or related field preferred. 5-7 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 2-4 years experience and/or training in marketing, sales, public relations, communication, or related experience required.
- 1-2 years of ophthalmic/optometric experience is preferred.
Work location is flexible and will include main office in Port Charlotte, FL and remote. This position also requires travel to referring physician offices as well as community and industry events. Hours of work will be dependent on the needs of the Clinic. Requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting (30 pounds), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing stairs is required.
**Incumbents of this position will be required to submit to a post-offer urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use and on an ongoing basis after hire, as directed. Travel is required.
Our total compensation for all Full-time openings includes:
- Health insurance-FREE to employee
- Short term disability-FREE to employee
- Telemedicine-FREE to employee and immediate family
- Life Insurance Coverage-FREE to employee
- Employee assistance Program-Free to employee
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Uniform Allowance
- Routine Vision exam-FREE to employee and immediate family
- Vision care discounts
- Retirement plan-with Company match
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Long term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental insurances
- Voluntary Life insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft insurance
- Voluntary Legal insurance
- Professional development assistance