Cataracts are extremely common. A normal part of life, almost every person will develop cataracts at some stage.
There is a lot of information available on the internet. The best facts about cataracts come from ophthalmologists with education, training, and experience in cataract surgery. Community Eye Center has multiple cataract surgeons who have collectively performed thousands of successful cataract removal surgeries.
Cataract surgery is typically performed in an outpatient setting, such as St. Lucy’s Outpatient Eye Surgery Center. Cataract removal is one of the most common surgical procedures in the United States. It is estimated that over 3.5 million cataract removal operations are performed each year.
When it is time for cataract surgery, choosing the right eye surgeon and eye surgery center is a big decision. It can make the difference in outcomes. Community Eye Center’s cataract surgeons are dedicated and knowledgeable. CEC’s St. Lucy’s Outpatient Surgery Center is the only outpatient eye surgery center in Charlotte County with national accreditation from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- Painless cloudy, dim, blurred vision
- More difficulty seeing at night or in low light
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Faded or yellowed colors
- The need for brighter light for reading and other activities
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescriptions
- Double vision within one eye